From:
Amy Ledford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Sep 2005 00:53:11 -0700
hi,

In order to use file and print sharing, you will need
to disable firewalls, and be sure the workgroup names
are the same on both PCs first. To check workgroup
name, right-click on My Computer, go to Properties, go
to Computer Name tab. if you need to change the name,
click on Change...after you change the name, you will
need to reboot.

To enable the printer to be shared, go Control Panel,
Printers and Faxes (in Classic View) or Printers and
Other Hardware (in Category View).  Right-click the
Printer, go to Sharing..., then the Sharing tab, and
enable there. You should then see a hand under the
icon. The process is the same for File sharing. But
you may have files that you want to share on both PCs.

On the other PC (without the printer attached) go
Control Panel, Printers and Faxes (in Classic View) or
Printers and Other Hardware (in Category View). Click
on Add Printer on left. after the initial welcome
screen, choose option for a network printer, on next
screen, choose the second option: "Connect to this
Printer (or to browse...)" Don't worry about entering
the printer's name, just click next, you should then
be able to browse to the printer...click it in the
list and click Next.

You can also "cheat" and run the Wizard....(called
Network Setup Wizard)

HTH, Amy L.

--- gregory Moyer <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> HI:
>
> I have to pc's running networked together. one is a
> wireless connection.
> How do I turn on file and printer sharing between
> the two? My os is windows xp pro on one and xp home
> on the other.
>
>                   Visit our website regularly for
> FAQs,
>                articles, how-to's, tech tips and