From:
Dharam Bhardwaj <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 May 2000 14:01:07 -0600
I am not completely in agreement with your response. I have used mixed ide/scsi
on gigabyte, asus, abit, and one more - I can't remember the brand, boards.
Changing the order in bios enabled me to boot from either scsi or ide. Where a
third party s/w such as System Commander was used to manage multi partitions,
that is what messed up the boot sector of the second/third drive. I was able to
get around that too, by simply using hard drive pull out enclosures.

Once again, sorry for the late response - I am in the process of configuring
2000 servers and my mail has found itself on 3 machines.

Brad Loomis wrote:

> Hi Ding,
> Back when I had a mixed SCSI-IDE system I also was unable to get the SCSI
> drive to be the boot drive as long as the IDE had an active partition. I
> have an Adaptec 2940UW in an ABIT BX6, which also allows booting from SCSI.
> It still wouldn't no matter. What I did was use fdisk on the IDE drive.
> Granted you lose anything on the partition. Fdisk doesn't seem to have the
> ability to simply de-activate a partition. Once the active IDE partition was
> gone, then I was able to install in conjunction with the SCSI drives.
> Ultimately removing all IDE devices was my best move.
>
> Brad Loomis
> Los Angeles, CA
>
> The SCSI Bios shows all the SCSI ID's and peripheral. and have the ABIT
> bios select to boot from "SCSI "  as you mentioned and yet  it still
> boot to IDE 1 hard disk.
>
> Ding Marcelo

                     visit our download web page at:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html