From:
Kevin Nowicki <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Feb 1999 15:22:03 EST
[log in to unmask] writes:

<<
 I cannot get my machine to recognise the LS-120 drive I've inserted as a b:
 drive.  In DOS, I can run the install program and all is well, my a: (1.44)
  b: (120Mbyte) c: (HDD)  d: (HDD)  and e: (CD-ROM) are all recognised and
 behave themselves.
 If I continue the boot into Win95, the e: drive is indicated but it returns
 the same results as the b:

Iain:

I had a similar problem when I installed my LS120.  I wanted it as drive B but
windows assigned it another drive letter and then moved my cdrom drive letter.

You don't mention which flavor of Win95 you have.  I have Win95SR2.  I fixed
the problem by going into Device manager and going into the cdrom properties
section and clicked on "Settings".  On that screen it will tell you the
current drive letter assignment.  Just below that is a "Reserved drive Letter"
area.  I set the reserved drive letter assignment to the drive letter I wanted
my cdrom to have and rebooted.  Next I checked and reset the same way the
other drive letters.  I don't know if this was the correct way to do that but
it worked.  Now my LS120 is drive b: and my cdrom drive letter is back to
where it was.

HTH
Kevin Nowicki

                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html