From:
Mary Wolden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Mar 1998 15:04:48 -0600
>Marc Axelrod wrote:

>>I temporarily fixed the problem by disabling COM 2 on the motherboard
>which allowed the modem to assign itself to that port.  This is a temp
>fix because I need that second port on the MB for my digital camera.
>
>Has anyone had this type of problem/conflict?
>
>I'm thinking of going into CMOS and reassigning the onboard com2 port to
>com4.  Does that sound reasonable?
>
>Thanks for your assistance.

Plug and Play modems require that the com port they are assigned to be
disabled in the bios so that the modem then becomes the port.  If you have
only one com port in the bios then assign it to com 1 for your other serial
device.  Com 2 and com 4 share the same irq and com 1 and com 3 share the
same irq.  Hope this helps.

Mary Wolden