From:
TONY LODGE <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Dec 1998 15:30:59 -0000
>Give some more info on this, Tony. I've had a few video headaches of my
>own. Define what you mean by 'peventing the computer from booting up'.
>Also, what do you mean when you say that the computer works just fine
>when the monitor is detached? (Is it attached to another monitor?) Be
>more explicit in your symptomatic descriptions please.
Wgat happens is this,when I turn on the computer,you know the way the lights
start flashing on,well when that happens,everything just stops dead,nothing
else happens.
Well as thgis has been goin g on for some time and I thought it was whenever
I put the case on,I was baffled.Then as if by accident the other day,I
plugged in the monitor after booting up the computer and it went dead
immediately.So I unplugged it and tried again and the computer booteed up no
problem,i.ie,everything worked fine as soon as I plugged in the monitor
again,it went dead again,just as if I had switched it off.So I tried it a
few times and discoverd that everytime I connect the monitor to the computer
the computer shuts down.I tries with another monitor and everything went
fine,so it was caused by the monitor I guess
Anyway I have some important email addresses in the ere that I'd like to get
my hands on and write to a few people and unfortunately I don't have the
other monitor anymore.#Any ideas?
Thanks,
Tony

             to be posted to: [log in to unmask]