From:
Alan Schneider <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Nov 1999 21:50:24 -0500
At 09:12 AM 11/18/1999 , Jung H. Tsai said:

 >I have a Dell XPS D333 PC with Windows 98 with an HP DeskJet 694C printer
 >attached to it. My problem is with the printer.
 >Many times the printer would simply stop in the middle of printing job. I
 >was told to save to printing job, turn the printer off and restart the
 >printer. Sometimes this would work, but sometime same thing happened again.

Does the printer give an error when it stops or does it just stop?  I had a
problem with my HP 820CSE since upgrading my PC from a Pentium 200MMX to a
PII 400.  For some reason I was getting communication errors after the
first page or two printed.
I went to the HP website and found nothing that I hadn't already tried.
Anyway, while poking around the new PC's BIOS settings I noticed that when
using ECP on LPT1 there was as DMA address of 3.  I tried changing that to
DMA address of 1 and my problems went away.  I don't know why this would
work but it has...Just my $.02...
--
Regards,
Alan