From:
"Ryan E. Schutte" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Dec 2000 22:28:12 -0600
This drive is a Quantum set as master.  It was the only hard drive in the
machine it came out of and the only item on the Primary IDE, so yes it was
a boot drive.  I am not sure, but I assume it did not have any disk manager
software... but if it did, I assumed that would carry across.

One of the other systems does have Maxtor's EZBIOS installed... not because
'it' needs it, but because some of the drives I try to hook up to it as
secondary drives to copy them for backups have it installed and seem to
have to have it to be recognized.... and it doesn't seem to hurt using it
with drives that don't have it installed.  The other computer doesn't have
EZBIOS installed.  When hooked up to these computers, it is on the
secondary IDE as master, and only device.  I actually haven't changed the
jumper on the hard drive at all since I took it out of the original computer.

In the BIOS on the current machine, it is a new TYAN motherboard (which
bios I don't recall right off but can find out if needed).  I have tried it
with auto, large, normal and lba... all with the same results  The other
computers use auto.

Finally, I have changed the IDE cable twice just to try to rule that out. :)

If I don't figure this out by Friday, it's not a big deal to fdisk and
start from scratch, but another part I need to finish doesn't come in until
then so I'm giving myself until then to figure it out.  Thanks for any help. :)

--
Ryan E. Schutte
Owner - KawreS

KawreS - The SuperStore for all your needs and prices that you will love!

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcbuild.html