From:
Bill Nussbaumer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Dec 2000 23:39:51 -0500
Could be a bad motherboard.  It sounds like you've re seated everything and
swapped out pretty much everything but the motherboard.

This is going to sound ridiculous but try this, and I'm not kidding ...
unplug the computer from the surge protector and plug it directly into the
wall.

Also you may want to try disconnecting any case fans that plug directly
into the motherboard ... I don't know if that will work but I read one
poster that said it might help .... crazy problems require crazy answers.

Also, your monitor is good right?

Another possibility ... a faulty power switch on your case.  Can you try a
different case?

Also, if you power on the motherboard outside of the case can you fix it
that way?  Perhaps you've got metal touching somewhere on the MB and it's
shorting out.

Please write back and tell me if plugging into the wall helped at all.

Bill Nussbaumer