From:
Jim Meagher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Feb 1999 09:26:21 -0500
Isaac,

I would guess that 8 out of 10 dead systems (that have just
been worked on) are the result of something not being
completely connected.  Either because it wasn't fully seated
when installed, or it got jiggled loose with all the movement
of other items.

Make sure all chips are FULLY seated in their sockets.
Make sure all interface cards are fully seated in their sockets also.
Check the bottom side of the motherboard - make sure there are no
board to chassis shorts.
Turn the box upside down and GENTLY shake (to see if extra parts
fall out)

Jim Meagher
=====
Micro Solutions Consulting        Member of The HTML Writers Guild
http://www.ezy.net/~microsol     International Webmasters Association
410-543-8996                MS Site Builder Network - Level 2 member
=====