Date:
Thu, 25 Mar 1999 11:12:44 -0800
Ray wrote:

> Does anyone know where I can get a Logitech compliant adapter?  I'll be in
> Korea until June and cannot find one specifically for it.
>
> You may be correct about the adapter, none came with the mouse and my generic
> one doesn't work.  I've contacted Logitech support on-line. The old mouse entry
> was deleted before attempting to install the Logitech.

> > >I have purchased a Logitech Wheel Mouse with a PS-2 port to use with an
> > >adapter on my serial port.  My old mouse worked fine but I cannot get
> > >Win95 to recognize it.  Any ideas?

I have a Logitech Trackball which is designed to operate on either the
PS\2 port or a Serial Port with the "supplied" adapter.  The adapter is
not just a pin swapping device.  It also performs as a voltage
translation device.  The voltage levels on the PS\2 port are different
from a serial port (hence and ordinary adater will not work!).  As
stated previously, perhaps your mouse was not designed to be a dual port
device (esp. if no adapter was supplied).

Just my 2c in hopes that maybe this will help you decide what you may
need to do.  (P.S. if you have a PS\2 port on the 'puter, why not use
it. If not - ouch!)

--
Jean Bourvic :>))