From:
Wayne Aiello <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Apr 1998 15:02:26 -1000
Hi Listreaders:
I'm working on a system with an AMI motherboard with Cyrix/IBM 586-133  32
megs trying to install a 3com/usr 56Kwinmodem, system had a 28.8 sportster
before. problem is I can't get win95 to recognize it. I've re-installed
serveral times, gone to 3com's site and downloaded the latest drivers and
followed their instructions for removing the old (28.8) software drivers.
At first win95 kept giving error messages saying "can't open com port
already in use by some other device". However the last few times it didn't
even see the modem at boot-up (56K winmodem model # 5683). I've even used
their registry cleaner to remove any reference to the old modem. After all
this I put the old 28.8 back in, of course win95 saw it and required no
set-up to function. What am I missing, the only thing I thought was weird
was that win95 could rebuild the driver base for the 28.8 even though I
took them out.Any help would be appreciated.
Wayne Aiello <[log in to unmask]>