From:
Bill Stephen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Apr 2004 23:19:14 -0500
A pc of a friends {originally ibm} started to exhibit cyclical restarts.
Over time a service center has replaced the motherboard,cpu, case, power supply,video card, os from 98 to xp, optical drives{ not oem parts,it is basically a new machine now} and each time the system is fine for a time...from only days to several weeks.
this has become a major frustration as you can imagine.
I am thinking fluctuations in the house power possibly?
In the last bout with restarts the system was only home for a few days with nothing loaded but the os until I put netscape on it and loaded printer drivers.

The system started to reboot the next day and continued to do so back at the service center.
The system had also been reloaded from scratch several times under both os's and
nothing seems to solve the problem or point to a solid resolution.
Any help or suggestions are appreciated
Thank you in advance
Bill

                         PCBUILD's List Owners: