From:
Jason Dooley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Apr 2002 05:41:29 -0500
My system is using a KR7A-RAID with dual boot OS running Win 2000 Pro and Win XP Pro, it has 512 MB of DDR ECC Registered RAM. Runs on an AMD Athlon XP 1800+ (1.533GHz), video is an ATI All-in Wonder 8500, sound is a Creative Sound Blaster Audigy with IEEE 1394. It is all powered by a 400 watt PS. Two 40 Gig IBM Deskstar 7200RPM hardrives are set as RAID Stripe 0. Every so often my system goes past POST and brings up a critical status window during BIOS saying my Stripe Array has failed. One particular thing is if it doesn't happen and there is a good boot, and I leave the power on, but restart (warm boot) the machine, it won't happen. But at random, once the system is shut off, the Stripe array says it has failed. If I go into the BIOS to view the array, there is no array, I can't delete the RAID or recreate it. On a good boot however, I managed to enter the BIOS and view the array, was able to delete it and recreate it. However this did not solve the problem. I have tested the rounded IDE cables by also using flat IDE ribbons, with no affect. I have removed all my cards (except video) to see if there might have been some conflict, no affect. I have increased and decreased the Core voltage of the system (specifically on the RAM), no affect, I have replaced the RAM (ECC and Registered) with non ECC or registered (Plain 512MB PC2100 DDR), no affect.
I can't return the mobo back to where I got it, since the warranty has expired so I'm thinking I should flash the BIOS as a last resort, unless anyone has an answer. What could the problem be and how could I fix it?

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml