From:
Bob Lendrim <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Jul 2009 18:04:44 -0400
I'd like to make a network at my home. I tried several years ago with W98 or 95, found it difficult, and quit.
I imagine it's easier now. I have a cable modem running into a wireless/g router with 5 computers.
I will buy any required/suggested hardware.
My computers are:

1 P4 Laptop running up to date Vista wireless
1 P4 Laptop running up to date XP Pro wired
1 P4 Desktop running XP Pro SP1 wireless
1 P3 Desktop running W98 wireless
1 P2 Desktop running W98 wired

All are Intel chipsets
I can run a temporary cable to any 4 of the 5 machines to build the network.
Can/should all 3 OSs be on the same network, or is that a problem?
Which machine/OS should I use to build the network?
Should I do it with the Windows OS or use a 3rd party utility ?
Any suggestions to make it easier would be appreciated.

Thanks for any and all suggestions/input, Bob Lendrim

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com