From:
Tim Doscher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Dec 1998 22:23:52 -0800
I have used both and have been very pleased, but just for the sake of ease I
would purchase the isa ones, I have noticed no difference in speed or
throughput.  We are only talking about 50k, compared to either bus this
presents only a small amount of data transfer.  With PCI modems it sets up a
pci serial port, the isa is a hard jumpered (only masicists should use the
isa plug and play setting) when set to com2 provides very straight forward
installation.  Since you are running NT, I reccomend you check the speed of
the serial port that you are installing it on, I think it defaults to 9600,
and I have seen this degrade modem performance.  Oem should work just fine,
if you dont need a box, the only worthwhile with it is the drivers good
luck.