From:
Joe Lore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Dec 2004 14:06:27 -0500
Hello,

Some BIOS have a setting called "quick boot " and it sounds like you have it
disabled, hence the long memory count
See if yours has such a feature and enable it.

Check and make sure that booting from the CD-rom is your first boot device
setup in the BIOS.  You might disable any other choices so that is the only
one showing.

Thanks,

Joe
============================
Hi All,

Every time I turn on a Maxdata p3, 512 ram, 1000 ghz machine I get a memory
test which takes almost a minute or more to complete. Is this necessary or
could it be turned off as it makes the boot-up so much longer.
A second problem I have on this same machine is that I have been trying to
boot it from a CD of linux which I know is working because tested it on my
other machines and yet even though boot from CD is set in the bios it still
keeps bypassing that order and runs into win98 on the hard drive. The CD is
working fine in windows and Dos modes accessing the drives. I should say I
have two CD drives on here, one is the standard CD and the other is the CD
writer. I have tried both of them but neither one will respond to a bootable
CD.

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml