From:
Roger Griffiths <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Oct 2000 06:21:24 -0400
I've done what I thought was a clean install of Win98, defragged it afterwards to ensure all was well, run Norton’s 2000 Win Doctor to check and fixed a few minor errors. Then I went to image the drive with PQ Drive Image when it reported that there were errors on the Partition Table. I ran Norton’s Disk Doctor and it reported the same. It advised against trying to fix the problem but I had a go anyway. It then reported that it could not repair the damage.

I really don't want to reinstall all the applications that I want in the image at a base level because it takes hours and I don't have the time. If I reinstall 98 over the top of the existing version will it fix the partition table? If not what else can I try please?

Thanks for the info on the Command Interpretator for Win2000, I learnt a lot.

Re: Batch files in 2000 Pro
>Does anyone know
>how I can get 2000 to backup selected essential files automatically
>since DOS is no longer accessible

One reply: (Mark Rode)
>Windows 2000 does have a 32bit command line just like NT4 does that is FAR
>more advanced then Win98 DOS.

Regards Roger Griffiths.

      special "Free-After-Rebate" Software specials in conjunction
          with Beyond.com.   We have new offers all the time!!!
                      http://nospin.com/promotions