From:
Peter Shkabara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Jul 2000 21:51:48 -0700
I have used my HP 7200i CD writer. It had worked ok before, but has been
acting up recently. It may be related to my switching to Windows 2000, but
now it records on rewritable media ok, but not to CDR. I tried Maxell CD-R74
and Memorex CD-R media with same results. The software is Adaptec EZ-CD
Creator version 4.02. When I try to copy a CD, there is a failure reported
saying something about the test area being full - the help says that there
is a test area for calibration of the recorder and that this area is bad or
full.

There was no such trouble before, but I don't know if the CDR has now
failed. Anybody else have this trouble? Normally HP products are good, but I
am rather disappointed with this particular one. Even when it worked before,
it seems that there were more than expected recording failures at 2x speed.

Peter Shkabara, P.E.
Computer Science Instructor
Columbia College - Sonora, CA
209 588-5156