From:
Mark Rode <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Feb 2000 15:21:27 -0800
You need to strip it down to motherboard, ram and CPU and work your way up
trying to discover the conflict or bad component by trial and error.

However I have had this sort of thing happen to me three times and each
time it was because I zapped the motherboard. We get jaded and
careless...pulling ram and drives in and out of cases without proper static
protection and 99 percent of the time nothing happens. This last happened
to me last November when I swapped some SDRAM for EDO in a FIC PA 2007.
That customer is now very happy with my FIC 503+ !

>I have a computer in my shop that has me stumped. It is an AST P75
>computer that is one that the memory and now the computer won't beep or
>come up at all. The monitor lights so I know it is getting power so the
>sliding chassis is plugged in OK. No jumper for the CMOS I can find no
>battery I have seen and nothing in the book to help. It has me baffled...
>any ideas from this vast knowledge pool would be greatly appreciated.
>thanks in advance.
>Rick

         The NOSPIN Group Promotions is now offering the NOSPIN
        File Download CD... All the files from our File Download
         area and much more...  over 165 files, all on one CD!!
                      http://nospin.com/promotions