From:
Donald Rex Gaither <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Dec 1998 13:10:34 -0500
HI,
     I had a similiar problem with a HD once.  The only way I could get it
to see the partition is when it was set as master.  If I slaved it to the
primary, it didn't see it, but as soon as I put it as master on the
secondary, the partition worked fine.  Maybe this will help you.

HTH,
Donald Gaither

>> At 06:32 PM 12/12/98 -0500, you wrote:
>> >I have install a Hard Drive on my computer in orther to transfer his
data to
>> >my computer. The bios did acknoledge it but dos and windows didn't.
what I
>> >did is use fdisk to sea what happened. Fdisk show the drive with 0% of
use.
>> >what I conclude is that the partiontion is broken.
>> >
>> >I have 2 questions:
>> >
>> >Could someone explain to me what has happenned here?
>> >Does it has a way to reconver a lost partion?
>> >
>> >I have a pentium 100Mhz, Fx chipset
>> >16 Meg Ram
>> >Matrox millenium
>> >IDE used
>> >   1.6 Gig Primary Master
>> >   100 Meg Primary Slave (The new installed in replacement of the 4X
CD-Rom)
>> >   5.1 Gig Secondary Master
>> >   Yamaha CD-RW Secondary Slave.

                    Digest mode - visit our web site: