From:
"Lance W. Kephart" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Apr 2000 13:13:05 -0500
Hi All,

I have some users on laptops that go between the LAN (Novell & NT combo)
and a cable modem (at home internet access).  Things were working okay
until just recently.  Now one of them cannot get an IP renewal when they
switch between the different networks.  I currently have a couple of simple
batch files created that the user double-clicks to force a release and
renew of the IP address.

It appears to be the laptop by my estimate, seeing as the other DHCP
machines have no problem....knock on wood.  I plan on uninstalling and
reinstalling the TCP/IP stack to see if that might help.  I've also
installed service pack 6a for NT.

Possibly handy info: Dell Inspiron 7500 laptop (P450), NT4 with svc pk 6a,
3COM Fast Ethernet 10/100 BASE-TX PCMCIA card, IPX/SPX & TCP/IP protocols.

Any ideas what might be causing the IP renewal problem?

Thanks in advance!
Lance Kephart

Send FREE April Fool's Greetings to your friends!
http://www.whowhere.lycos.com/redirects/American_Greetings.rdct

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html