From:
Bob Lendrim <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Oct 2006 19:30:32 -0400
Hi Michael
You've already received some very expert advice (which I wish I had last year :-). I have a nice 4200 series GeForce AGP card with 128 megs memory which I bought a few years ago for flight simulator flying. I've been very happy with it except for the small noisy fan. I lubed the original, it got noisy again, and I bought what I thought was a good quality replacement fan. It started screaming again after a few months. I started looking for a passively cooled card, with no fan. I was unable to find one for my motherboard. I bought a Zalman heat sink cooler to replace the fan and am very happy. It was a little work to install it properly but now I have a nice quiet computer. I didn't get the optional fan. I don't recall the model number, but it looks like this. It's a high quality, attractive, product although a little hassle to install. It would be another option for you if they have a model to fit your video card.
Bob Lendrim

http://sharkacomputers.com/za80duhevgac.html

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com