From:
"Frank R. Brown" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Sep 2000 07:53:19 -0400
My son and I are trying to get an old Media Vision
Pro Audio sound card (from a micron '486 wfw-based
computer) working on w2000.

I looked at windrivers.com --- that site suggests that
the so-called Pro Audio Spectrum 16, MM, and Studio
cards have nt4 support.  w2000 does not appear to
have embedded support.  (No Pro Audio option shows
up under 'Install New Hardware.')  I don't know for sure
which Pro Audio board we have, but it looks quite similar
to, and has the same chip numbers as the Pro Audio
Spectrum diagram on the windrivers site.  In any event,
I think trying the Pro Audio Spectrum 16 nt4 drivers under
w2000 is worth a shot.

If I run 'Add  New Hardware' under nt4, an entry for
Media Vision ProAudio Spectrum 16 shows up.
(I take this as a good sign.)

So now my main question:  How do I get the Pro Audio
Spectrum drivers of the nt4 cd-rom (or perhaps an nt4
installation), and package them for use on w2000?

Thanks for your help.

     Frank R.Brown
     Frank.R.Brown@MailAndNews

                     visit our download web page at: