From:
Russ Poffenberger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Jan 2008 06:58:45 -0800
Hi Harriet,

It looks like your memory transplant was successful, based on the fact that
it boots and reports the proper amount of memory. The first time you booted
and got the 'F1'/'F2' message is normal, the BIOS detected a change in
configuration and wanted you to enter setup so it could record the change.

It doesn't seem likely that the change in memory would have anything to do
with firefox not working properly. It is more likely that there is an issue
with your network connection (how do you connect to the network? Did you
send this email using the same computer?). Is it possible the network
connection was disturbed when you installed the memory?

Also, I am not sure about firefox (I don't really use it), but in IE, it can
be set to work "offline", if set this way, you would probably get the
symptoms you describe. Have you tried starting IE to see if it works?

Russ Poffenberger