From:
"Rand M. Blunck" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Apr 2002 12:21:01 -0700
Eric,

My experience w/ PCChips motherboards is limited to 2 different 741LMRT's
also w/ SiS chipsets.  Both exhibited the same problem - by themselves, with
sound, modem & video on board, they ran really well.  However, any add-on
PCI card made them unstable.  It was only a matter of time, sometimes 15
minutes, sometimes 4 hours, but the system would always lock up.  I spent
quite a bit of time tracking down BIOS and driver upgrades, to no avail.
This happened with a TV card, a replacement video card, a home network card,
etc.  I still have the boxes and use them without problems, but with no
add-on cards.

I don't know that you would see this with the 748LMRT, but if you have to
add a modem, there is reason for concern.

Rand Blunck
Why Not Try Computing
Glendale, AZ

> Mobo: MB748LMRT, I think the brand is Xcel 2000, system chips
> are SiS 620 by pcchips.
>... Seems to
> have a decent sound system but the onboard modem seems to be
> fried. It has a modem card in it but was not configured (or doesn't
> work) when I looked it over briefly.

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml