From:
Kyle Elmblade <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Jan 2002 10:57:06 -0800
Hi Robert,

Where is it password protected?  When you first turn the system on, or when
the OS tries to load?  What OS is currently on it?

As far as the partitioning is concerned, this comes before formatting, if
you NEED to do it.  Considering that this is a Compaq DeathPro, I would
suggest you just format the current drive that the operating system is
loaded on and reinstall.  There's some tricky issues you can run into with
partitioning a drive on a Compaq system that would be better to stay away
from if you could.  If you have a real need to repartition the drive, let me
know and I'll respond off-list with what needs to happen.

Good luck!

Kyle Elmblade
Distinct Computer Solutions
Sales - Upgrades - Training - Consulting
"A closed mouth gathers no foot"