From:
Larry Fisk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Mar 2003 17:02:51 -0700
Greg;
Get the manufacturers hard drive diagnosis disk from their website
for example www.westerndigital.com, or www.maxtor.com
Run it on your hard drive to determine if it has problems.
You can use the manufacturers install disk to install the drive
easily too.
To do a clean windows install you should also blow away the partition(s)
using Fdisk, then reformat the drive.
I hardly ever feel the need to "sys" a drive.
I just format and copy the Win95 cab files to the harddrive and install from
there.
Sounds like perhaps the drive has problems.

<>< Larry Fisk
         Fisk Computers
           Fruitvale, Idaho