From:
"Tony M." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Mar 2006 07:05:10 -0800
>As far as I know, it's not improper to remove the check marks in
>MSConfig. I don't think there would be the option to do that, if it
>wasn't proper, and I find it preferable to messing around with the
>operating system, by removing parts of it.  (The items whose check
>marks I removed are MS Messenger items.)
>Carol Hanson
>

>>Run MSCONFIG again and recheck everything you unchecked in the
>>STARTUP tab. If you want to get rid of the things you unchecked
>>permanently - do it properly by going to the described location
>>(shown in MSCONFIG) and remove it completely.

Additionally, to help with the messenger problem - go to Steve
Gibson's site (http://www.grc.com/freepopular.htm) and download
"Shoot the Messenger" which will disable the program for you.
Also, take a look at the other freeware offerings - there's some neat
stuff there!

Tony Mayer

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com