From:
Mary Wolden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Feb 2001 13:14:32 -0600
From: "Ultra" :Sent: Friday, February 02, 2001 5:45 AM
Subject: Re: [PCBUILD] Upgrading to a new case

> I don't know your HP machine, but speaking with past bad experience with
> "brand" name PC, I'm afraid that you can't simply get a new case and fit
any
> thing you have in. Open the case cover, and have a look first, I bet the
> mobo size and mount holes are not standard. Maybe, the best way out is to
> get a new mobo and a new case. If you have a slot 1 CPU, you will need to
> get a slot 1 mobo, which means, you may have to get a old mode of mobo, as
> almost all new mobo on market today are either socket 370 or socket A
(Abit
> still makes slot 1 mobo based on Intel 815 chipset, Abit SH6).
>
> Jun Qian

I have to agree about the cases and motherboards but would also add that
many times the connection from the power supply to the motherboard is also
proprietary and you may have to purchase a power supply that will connect to
the HP motherboard.  I would also get a new motherboard.

Mary Wolden

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com