From:
Carroll Grigsby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Apr 2004 11:33:27 -0400
On Sunday 11 April 2004 05:35 am, Paul J Traynor wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Does anyone know of a way or a utility that might  help to identify a
> piece of hardware in a computer. I have a PCI/MCIA network card in my
> old laptop which has no drivers installed for it. I can't locate the
> driver disk and am at loss as to how to identify it. I took it oaut but
> there is nothing on the card itself that  gives me any info about the
> manufacturer. I am not sure if I am asking the impossible here but I am
> hopeing that someone here will have experience of this.
>
> Many thanks in advance,
>
> Paul.

Paul:
If it has an FCC identification number, try this site
http://www.fcc.gov/oet/fccid/

A second approach would be to identify the main chip on the card by
manufacturer and part number, and then see what Google can find.

Regards,
Carroll Grigsby

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml