From:
Tom Sykora <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Apr 1999 10:46:39 -0500
Hi,
With all the recent posts regarding networking, I thought it was time to
share my experience with ActionTec's Home Networking Kit.  I am your
average home computer user with four kids, and three computers.  I have no
affiliation with ActionTec, but wanted to note my results with their
product, in conjunction with the recent networking/cabling thread.

I had planned on installing a traditional t-base10 kit from NetGear, or
Linksys, but after last  months PC Magazine review of networking, I
switched to the ActionTec telephone line based kit.        www.actiontec.com

 Installation of the kit was a breeze, and it has worked very well for us.
The Internet software that comes with the kit makes sharing Internet
connections a no brainer.  The downside is a transfer rate of only 1mb
p/sec, but for home applications where Internet is the main focus, this
should not be a problem.

This is a great solution for  home users wanting an easy Internet network
install, and for anyone who wants to network computers where running
lines/cable  is difficult in an existing structure.   For 70 bucks, this
kit made networking easy for me and my family.
So far, so good.
Tom Sykora

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcbuild.html