From:
Douglas Simmons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Apr 2002 12:09:13 -0500
I have found that this is caused by a memory problem.
  First try re-seating the RAM modules, and see if the
 problem is eliminated.  Also sometimes the contacts on the
 DIMM get a very thin coat of oxidation and they have to be
 cleaned to make a good positive contact with the
 connector.  I use a pencil eraser myself (making sure to
 get rid of the "crumbs" left before placing in the
 connector) and just rub lightly to shine them up some.
  The memory could be going bad too.  If you have multiple
 DIMMS (or SIMMS) and know what combinations are required,
 remove to the minimum and see if you can get a good boot.
  It may be a single bad DIMM or SIMM.  You'll have to swap
 back and forth to determine which is bad.

Good Luck,

Doug