From:
William Hanson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Nov 1999 22:02:10 EST
I am having the following problem with my system.  When I try to access my A
Drive my system locks up.  The green light to my A Drive comes on, but I
cannot read or write to the drive.  If I remove the disk from the drive, I
get the following error message "A:\ is not accessible, the device is not
ready."  Retry or Cancel.  If I push the disk back in and select retry the
system locks up again.  If I select cancel, I can continue to use other
programs and hardware but not my A Drive.  My motherboard is an ABIT BX6
revision 2, Intel 440BX chipset, 82443BX - 82371FB PCI Bus Master IDE
Controller, Standard Floppy Drive Controller. My operating system is Windows
98 second edition.  I am using the latest BIOS update from ABIT.  My video
card is an AGP Creative Labs 3D Savage4 with 32MB.  I show no IRQ conflicts
and all hardware shows that it is installed and working properly.  Please
note that if I reboot my system my A Drive might work the next time, but most
likely not.  If I boot up in DOS or boot using a bootable disk my A drive
works every time.  When I was using Windows 95, I did not have any problems
with my A Drive.
Thank you for you assistance in advance, William E. Hanson

                     visit our download web page at:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html