From:
Mark Rode <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 May 2003 21:15:31 -0700
I purchased a $12 no name generic VIA based USB2 PCI card from Cyberguys a
few weeks ago. It installed just fine, everything appears in Device Manager
just like it is suppose to in either Win98se, Win2000, or XP. But it just
doesn't work. I tried it on 3 different computers. When you plug a device
into it nothing happens.

I called Cyberguys and were great about it. They sent me another one. But
if you plug this one into a PCI slot  of any computer, the PC won't post. I
am planning on getting my 12 dollars back and buying name brand, like
Bilken before I try again.

Rode
The NOSPIN Group
http://freepctech.com

At 10:18 AM 5/10/2003 -0400, you wrote:
>Ok Folks, I'm starting to feel completely incompetant. I have built many
>computers over the last several years. I cannot get a simple USB 2.0 PCI
>card installed in my own computer. I have downloaded, disabled,
>uninstalled, reinstalled and nothing seems to work. I need step by step
>help with a solution. I have XP Pro, Abit KX7-333r motherboard (raid
>disabled, not used), 1034 mb DDR 333 ram, Leadtek Nividia Ti 4400 128mb
>video card. On board USB 1.1 with 4  extra USB ports running off of
>motherboard. Just want to install USB 2.0 and not able to do it. Plug and
>play recognizes the new card, starts to install NEC to USB Host drivers,
>then scree says 'cannot install this hardware, problem installing USB
>controller, an error occurred duing the installation, the data is invalid,
>click finish to close. This happens with the installation disc or using
>the windows drivers with SP-1 update. Getting ready to back up hard drive
>and get motherboard with 2.0 onboard if solution not found shortly...
>HELP Please!!!!         Kenny Parks
>                                              Dixie Computers

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml