From:
Greg Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Oct 1998 22:11:51 -0700
I have a customer that had me bought an HP600 printer and a HP6100C
Scanner. I installed the printer and the Symbios Logic SCSI card that
came with the scanner. Everything worked fine on this PC
P233
64MB SDRAM
2.6GB UDA HDD
USR 33.6 on COM2/IRQ3 (Ext)
printer=LPT1/IRQ7/378.

I did not connect the scanner at the customers request until some
shelves were built. (Jump in time forward). Shelves are now
done..............

Customer now asks to have scanner installed. Scanner installed just fine
and works just fine. But..... the HP600 printer now goes crazy. There
are two lights on these printers, the top light flashes rapidly
indicating a problem. You cant reset the printer, power it off and on to
clear the problem. I uninstalled and reinstalled the printer to no
avail. I downloaded latest drivers from HP, no change. Anybody got
thoughts on what DLL(s), or ??? are being stepped on? I am not sure
where to go to get the scanner and printer to work together. Any help
would be appreciated!

Greg Anderson
GALA Enteprise

                                  -----