Date:
Fri, 1 Apr 2005 21:26:18 -0600
When I was having a mouse problem with my sister-in-law's computer, one
thing I looked into was the
KB891711 update.     From the research, the bottom line is that this is one
update which runs at startup and stays in the list of msconfig for WinMe and
Win98 OS .      Forget what the technical info was, but the normal pattern
of this update is what you describe.  So far, the update is running with no
problem on my sister-in-law's computer.

Sue Na