From:
James Taylor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Oct 2001 20:48:03 -0500
Did you remove the software drivers for the SCSI? It should load when your
system initializes. You may want to check to make sure there are no
conflicts between the SCSI host adapters IRQ and I/O address. These two
factors are known to cause erratic operaton or system hang ups.
One other quesion. Did you add the host card or did it come with the
scanner? Even though SCSI is usually considered "universal", not all devices
are compatible between PC, adapter, and attached device.
Try removing the card and its drivers (as well as the scanner drivers), and
see if it works. Check the host adapter setup menu (usually accessed during
boot) and see if the settings are correct.

James A. Taylor

I have a HP Pavilion, running W98Se with 666 MgH, PIII Intel with 30 gig and
128 Ram.  I have had lock up problems from the start and the HP technician
wants to blame the SCCSI card I have for a scanner.  However, I removed the
SCCSI card and still had the freeze ups.  They are more and more frequent
and occur 90% of the time when I am online and loading a page. Simply
scrolling down a page will cause a freeze up.  I am an ATT@Home
<mailto:ATT@Home>  user that is currently using IE5.5.  Any ideas on how to
ferret out the problem.  It is quite frustrating and doing a
control-alt-delete does not work.  I have to manually shut down the system
and reboot.

Thanks,

Leanna Flom