From:
"Joel M. Blackman" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Jul 2001 21:22:27 -0700
If the manufacturer recommends 85 Hz, why not use that setting?  Most
monitors come with a table of possible refresh rates, but there is a
supposedly optimal setting for the particular monitor.  That would be true
of monitors rated last by PC World as well.  I am not sure why you are
asking people who don't even know what monitor(s) you have if you should use
the manufacturer's recommended setting or not.  No one on this list could
possibly give you better advice about the preferred setting for your
monitors' refresh rate than the people who built them.

Subject: Re: [PCBUILD] Refresh Rate

On Tue, 10 Jul 2001 05:34:17 -0500 Larry <[log in to unmask]> writes:
> > Your monitor's frame rate is in the 50 to 100 Hz range. The higher
> the refresh rate, the less noticeable "flicker" and eye strain, and
more
> work for the video card and processor. Normal is about 60 to 70Hz.
> Larry Hooper

Several posted similar "normal" refresh rates. Both monitors on my dual
monitor system have a refresh rate recommended by the manufacturer of
85hz. I set both monitors resolutions and refresh rates to each
manufacturer's recommended setting. Is there any reason I shouldn't use
the manufacturers' recommended settings?

Both manufacturers give other acceptable settings, but both recommend
using one setting, each at 85hz. If monitor quality is a consideration,
one monitor was ranked number one by PC World.

g>

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com