From:
Linda Hendren <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Feb 2001 22:48:52 -0500
I appreciate the replies re the zip and orb drives.
Right now (may change my mind tomorrow!!) I've decided to go with the Orb
mainly because of the size of the disks.  I think the pros and cons are
about even between the 2. I've used CD-Rs and CD-RWs.  Lost data on the
CD-Rs and have heard the
CD-RWs are no more reliable.  I prefer to be able to overwrite or delete the
files which can't be done on the CD-R. I really think the most reliable is
the good old 1.44 disk.  LOL

> Hi Linda,
> I on the other hand find Zip to be horribly unreliable. Having lost data
> the "Click of Death", getting the drive replaced by Iomega only to have it
> return, I am very gun shy of them. It is still in my machine, but it
seldom
> use it and certainly not for anything that isn't backed up elsewhere. I
have
> a friend who has had Dell replace his 5 times!! I can't comment on the
Orb,