Date:
Wed, 17 Nov 2004 22:45:13 -0600
Hi Lionel,

Unless someone has a better solution, I think you're going to have to
reinstall the operating system on the drive after it's installed in the new
case along with the new motherboard, etc. It works in it's former location
because it was "born and raised" there. Moving it to a completely new
machine is just too much shock for it and it refuses to work. Since we're
talking an upgrade to XP, and depending on what you upgraded from and how,
it may entail installing the other OS first, then upgrading again to XP.

You might also try booting from the XP upgrade CD and attempt to have it
perform a repair operation. I haven't tried this with an XP upgrade but I'm
assuming it's possible. Time isn't on your side at the moment so possibly
someone on the list who has 'been there, done that' will respond with a
quicker and better solution. Whatever happens, I wish you luck on the
remainder of your tour and a speedy return to your family.

Sven Swanson, Sr.