From:
Steve Dias <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Jul 2003 20:04:19 -0500
David,
These HPs are notorious for becoming confused after a printing error and
especially a power interruption. The usual cure is just to unplug the power
cord for 5 or 10 minutes and plug it back in.
To reinstall in XP go to Printers and Faxes and delete the printer. Reboot
your PC and it will detect the printer and ask for the installation CD.

Steve

> I just sent a message to PCBuild about problems printing with my HP1200.
> I'll save bandwidth and I won't repeat the message here.
>
> Just to make a liar out of me, the printer started to work a few minutes
> after I sent off the message.
>
> It seems to be working fine now.
>
> This happened once before (after that power failure). I assumed that it
was
> like the last gasp in a dying battery, so I didn't mention it.
>
> My problem is thus much worse. Yes, the printer is working now, but I know
> that it will stop working again one day (probably soon) and I do want to
> prevent that from happening.
>
> Has anybody had a similar problem?
>
> David Grossman

                     support at our newest website: