From:
"Charles K. MacKay" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Apr 2002 08:27:30 -0400
Known problem with 98. Try pressing BOTH shift keys at the same time, then
BOTH CTRL keys, BOTH ALT keys, BOTH WinKeys (if you have them), then BOTH
menu keys (if there are two). This usually restores keyboard access.

If not, there is no solution but killing the power and rebooting.

Regards,

Charlie
(MCSE, MCSA, MCPx8, A+, Network+, CCP, watch this space for more letters as
they become available!)