Date:
Fri, 27 May 2005 23:18:05 -0700
I have an MS optical mouse, (my first),  and use it on my old dark green mouse pad
with no problems at all.  Could it be that yours is wireless?  Mine is not wireless.
Carol Hanson

My favorite mice are MS optical mice. I have bought a few, the latest a "Wireless
Notebook Optical Mouse".

But, in order to use them, I tape a piece of ordinary white printer paper to the
desk to act as a "mouse pad". If I don't do that, I find the mice to be unreliable,
the cursor moving erratically or not at all. Just now, I tried my simulated wood
desk top and a black mouse pad. The optical mouse is unusable on both. This is true
with all my MS Optical Mice. Used on the white paper, they operate perfectly. Am I
doing something wrong?

Has anyone else noticed this, know why it happens, or have a different fix?

Thanks, Bob Lendrim

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml