From:
Mark Rode <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 May 1999 01:38:32 -0700
I have a new install of Winfax 9.2 under Win98.
Winfax installed without any problems and setup up the  Practical
Peripherals PM336EXT Voice PNP modem.

 I have been using this modem with Winfax under 95 and 98 for some years
now and I know it is compatibile. I am starting over with fresh installs.
The modem is installed correctly and working well. I can use the phone
features in Talkworks ....however when I use the answering machine the call
is picked up at the correct number of rings....the greeting starts off and
then a couple of seconds into it the phone starts to make clicking sounds
and eventually disconnects. There are no error messages in Winfax....but
approximately every thirty seconds the phone line is open Winfax reports a
call....in other words if I test Talkworks by calling my line and don't
hang up when the clicking starts then the Receive log will show multiple
entries for the call ...about 30 seconds apart. Each message log will show
<call canceled>

I see nothing like this in Winfax Knowledge Base or troubleshooting files.
I have re-installed the modem ...I have completely removed and reinstalled
Talkworks...but none of this helped.

I am out of ideas..... has anybody seen this and / or know of a solution ?

                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html