Date:
Wed, 28 Oct 1998 12:52:42 +0000
Are you running Tweak UI ? Under the tab My Computer you can control
what drives are visible. Is it possible that you have anything passed
"D" turned off. That would explain why dos sees the drives but not
W95, and why the CD-Rom doesn't show up.

> Hi all
> I bought a WD 4.3 disk to add to my existing WD 425 MB. I installed the 4.3 as the primary slave and the old disk as the primary master. CMOS detected and configured correctly. The new disk came form>
> Now the problems start. Working off my old disk, my original Dos 6.22 detects all partitions on the new disk, but Windows detects only the "D" partition.
> The cd-rom is configured to D, but in "My Computer" the new disk exists as D and the cd-rom isn't represented.
>
> I also tried installing the new disk as Secondary Master on the secondary interface, with the same results. I was advised to reinstall Windows, but I'd like some more opinions.
>
> Is drive letter D causing the problem? I'm running Win 95 on a Pentium 133.
> Solutions, ideas, observations appreciated.
Dale Laluk / [log in to unmask]
P.O. Box 308
Hudson's Hope, B.C. V0C 1V0
250-783-9921