Date:
Fri, 11 Jan 2002 11:49:16 -0800
On 10 Jan 2002, at 23:20, arhiam wrote:

> Hi All
>
> I've recently built my very first PC and everything works just
> fine except the case speaker. I can't get any sound from this
> little speaker at all. When I reverse the connection to the MB it
> makes no difference. Am I missing something very obvious? Don't
> laugh :-)
>
> Alan Hodges

  Three possibilities come to mind:

1.  Are you absolutely certain that you're connecting it to the right
pins?  I've encountered a few motherboards over the years on which it
was easy to misunderstand which pins to use.  (Polarity shouldn't
matter much, though.)

2.  Where the two wires reach the speaker itself, they're typically
soldered to contacts.  I've occasionally seen one break at this point
-- make sure they're connected.

3.  Although they're pretty robust, I guess it's possible to tear the
cone or otherwise physically "break" the speaker itself.  Do you have
another machine you can test it in?

Dave Gillett

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com