From:
Kay McCoy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Feb 1999 11:18:24 -0500
I have been surprised that no one has answered Gonzo about the Quantex
computers.   I was watching to see what those of you "in the know" would
say.   But since no one is talking, I will share what I know about Quantex.

I am in charge of about 15 computers in a public library setting; most of
those computers are Quantex.   I have had a good relationship with the
company.   The computers take quite a beating and just keep on going and
going and going....  Their tech support is probably above average for the
industry.  Response time in sending out parts when necessary is generally
good.   I have had to replace a couple of hard drives in systems that I
bought 3 years ago.   HOWEVER, three of the last 5 computers that I have
bought from them have had bad parts when received.  I have had to get 2 new
motherboards and a new hard drive on brand new machines.   Once these parts
were replaced, the computers have run beautifully, but......    I was
starting to think of looking for a new vendor when I discovered a new local
vendor; I will be purchasing from them from now on.

Hope this helps some, Gonzo.

Kay R. McCoy                             [log in to unmask]
Automation Manager                    phone/fax:  304-465-5664
Fayette County Public Libraries
Oak Hill, WV  25901

                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html