From:
Carroll Grigsby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Dec 2003 22:04:50 -0500
George:
Oops - my bad. I assumed that you had more than one RAM chip. At least we know
that your CPU and supporting circuitry is OK, otherwise you would never
gotten to the point of the 1-3-3-1 beep. (While I struck out on finding that
particular beep code, I did learn your motherboard is an ASUS P2B-VE and uses
an Award BIOS. It is probably a board that ASUS built specifically for HP.)

Your idea of finding another RAM chip is a good one, although it might be
easier to take your chip to a local repair shop and having them check it for
you.

Regards,
Carroll Grigsby

On Thursday 11 December 2003 05:03 pm, George W Hurless wrote:
> Carol,
> The board only had one RAM chip. I pulled it thinking it wouldn't hurt
> to see what happens. On start up I got one beep pause three beeps
> pause three beeps pause one beep. The computer did not shut down,
> the keyboard lights stayed on and POST would not continue. I'm
> going to have to scrounge a RAM board it look like before I go further.
> Do you know what the one three three one code signifies?
> George Hurless

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml