Date:
Fri, 11 Jul 2003 06:20:05 -0500
I don't know if this is a software or hardware question:

I recently bought a Toshiba Satellite Laptop, Model 127, Celeron CPU
2.00 Ghz, 240 MB of Ram, with a 30 gig hard drive.

Thinking I was being helpful to the laptop, I tried to install Norton
SystemWorks, and it turned into a hellacious mess.  The upshot was I
took the laptop to a tech person who eventually reinstalled all
applications and drivers using the rescue disk that came with the
machine.

When I took the machine to the techie, and a major reason she did the
complete reinstall was the D: drive would not self-launch.  Music
wouldn't play without clicking help; a program I wanted to install that
had previously displayed a splash screen on my desk top would no longer
do that but had to be installed on the laptop from Run.

I don't know whether the D: drive would or would not self-launch when I
brought it home brand new because I started mucking about with Norton
SystemWorks early on.

One of the remarks the technician made was Toshiba has a reputation for
suddenly failing when it comes to self-launching from the D: drive and I
should call them for a fix if the problems continues.

Can anyone please shed some light on this?  Now that my Toshiba has had
all applications and drivers reinstalled and it still won't self-launch,
does that mean it never did?

Thank you one and all.  I really mean it.

Anne Neighbors

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com