From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Feb 1999 15:54:01 -0800
On 9 Feb 99, at 13:57, Changhsu P. Liu wrote:

> I cannot use atomtime to check time since I'm behind the company
> firewall. AtomTime generates error message a lot when checking time
> behind firewall.

  This probably means that AtomTime is trying to connect directly from
each PC to the "atomic clock" time server.  Depending on the type of
firewall, this may require installation of "proxy" software on the
firewall.
  Your corporate MIS department may be slightly more receptive to the
idea of installing a proxy if its use is limited to a single machine,
from which internal clients get their settings in turn.  If AtomTime
won't let you point at some internal server to get the time from, there
are several other such products out there.

David G